lyrics from the mind and pen of tim byrnes

.... a work in progress which will ultimately include all lyrics from the CDs "My Bloody Hootenanny" and "Boy Genius Alert" and, hopefully all the CDs to come! Thanks for reading and listening ............. tim byrnes

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Innocent Bystander High School

Hey, baby
How's that magic you've been making?
And, baby, where's the next place it's going to take me?
Make no mistake, I have no illusions,
Beyond the strength of my own delusions
That I'm approaching anything like good for you.
But the heart wants what the heart wants
And it does what it will do.

                    I'm back in Innocent Bystander High School again
                    Passing notes across class to a beautiful friend
                    In my defense, I fell in love before I knew I wasn't supposed to
                    But the heart wants what the heart wants
                    And it does what it will do.

Hey, baby
Here's the music you've been missing.
Consider it the soundtrack of my resisting.
Make no mistake, I know the shapes
That fate can take when we forget our place,
And sometimes it's the best dreams that don't come true.
Still the heart wants what the heart wants
And it does what it will do
And there is no incorrect response
To the way I feel for you

(from the CD "my Bloody Hootenanny")

No comments:

Post a Comment