lyrics from the mind and pen of tim byrnes

.... a work in progress which will ultimately include all lyrics from the CDs "My Bloody Hootenanny" and "Boy Genius Alert" and, hopefully all the CDs to come! Thanks for reading and listening ............. tim byrnes

Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Chair Recognizes the Gentleman From the Ghetto

Oh, you got to have faith......

W/all due respect, Great White Father
I don't know why you bother
W/the pretense that all men are created equal
Yeah, maybe we all start out that way
But pretty soon there gonna come a day
When the world seperates the strong willed from the weak willed

And you can throw all yr love down a rabbit hole, baby
For all the good it does
When yr up against the kind of power that time and money buys
Armed w/nothing but a worthy cause
And you can throw all yr love into a buzzsaw baby
You can nail all yr love to a tree
When yr up against history and the way things get done
And the way some things aren't meant to be

And I'll keep all my love in that quiet place
Where the spirits have lately retreated
Keep all my love in that quiet place
Just in case
Just in case I ever need it.

You can fold all yr love into one perfect point
And send it sailing in shimmering waves
But it can't save the day and it can't change the way
A single person behaves
You can throw all yr love out like it's bulletproof, baby
But when those shots ring out yr gonna fall
No you can't save the day and
If you don't change yr ways then
You can't save anything at all.

And I'll keep all my love in that quiet place
Where the spirits have lately retreated
Keep all my love in that quiet place
Just in case 
Just in case I ever need it.



(from the CD "Boy Genius Alert")

No comments:

Post a Comment