lyrics from the mind and pen of tim byrnes

.... a work in progress which will ultimately include all lyrics from the CDs "My Bloody Hootenanny" and "Boy Genius Alert" and, hopefully all the CDs to come! Thanks for reading and listening ............. tim byrnes

Monday, October 4, 2010

Let's Twist Again

I heard the tower bells from old Saint Anthony's this morning
Though I was half asleep I could swear that they were playing "Stormy Weather"
Over and over in my head
I turned over and over in my bed
Lorelei and I could stare across the room and see each other
In each other's eyes, soul sister to my brother
The band in the corner played an old song
And we'd hold hands and raise our voices and sing along
Hey, let's twist again like we did last summer
Why don't you twist the knife again
The way you did in that quiet, cold November?
Oh it seems so long since I could raise a smile and really mean it
Or find a place in time where I could stay and never leave it
I feel like it's all behind me now
I'm somewhere where you can't find me now
I heard the tower bells from old St. Anthony's the day she left me
Was it "Silver Bells", hell some Christmas song who's name escapes me
Over and over or so they say
Over and over and over and over the transistor radio plays
Hey, let's twist again like we did last summer
Why don't you twist the knife again
The way you did in that quiet, cold November?
An eye for an eye, my sweet Lorelei
I can't see why in my wildest imagination

(from the CD "My Bloody Hootenanny")

No comments:

Post a Comment